From the Principal
March 18, 2020
Dear Parents and Guardians,
Just a few days ago we were finalizing our ITBS plans, looking forward to First Communion with our second graders, and anticipating Holy Week and the annual presentation of the Living Stations. Hopefully many of our other fourth quarter plans will go on as planned. During this time apart we will be communicating with you electronically and keep you all updated as we receive news regarding your child’s education.
This Friday, March 20, 2020, an email regarding distance learning will be sent to all parents. The email will be coming from Miss Acton. It will contain directions and a link to the shared google drive. Please do not let any of this overwhelm you. Should you have any concerns or questions regarding the directions feel free to email Miss Acton, [email protected], Mrs. Heisler, [email protected] or Mr. Nick Calametti, [email protected]. The teachers will be updating the grade level folders you will find in the document as the days go by.
I am so very grateful to work with the most wonderful group of teachers. They truly love each and every student and are making sure each child will get what they need academically. This educational format is new to us all and our faculty and staff are really invested.
I have stated before to please contact me with any needs you might encounter over the next few weeks. This situation is unprecedented in my 39 years of Catholic education. I am so looking forward to seeing your children back in their classrooms, eating in the cafeteria and running on the field. The day we are able to celebrate Mass together again will be a beautiful day indeed. I have found that there is so much in life that I have taken for granted. I pray that I never let that happen again.
Take care and God bless you all,
Distance Learning Link
Please use the link below to access information regarding distance learning. Please continue practicing social distancing, good hygiene, and sending up lots of prayers! We miss you all and look forward to when we can be together again. You are all #MakingMaryProud!
General Links for Online Learning
Renaissance Place: https://global-zone51.renaissance-go.com/identityservice/sso/signin?signin=f925a17fdd6867b16e9552bb4cbaf622
Ed Puzzle: https://edpuzzle.com/
PBS Kids: https://pbskids.org/video/
ABC Mouse (free subscription for distance learning): https://www.abcmouse.com
McGraw Hill ( Middle School Math): https://my.mheducation.com/login?logout=true
My HRW (Middle school writing): https://my.hrw.com/index.jsp?isVerified=true&redirect
- Communication is essential during this time! PLEASE check your email regularly for updates from the school. Important communication will also be sent as an SMS text message
- School telephones will be forwarded to a staff members cell phone. Therefore, if you need to contact the school over this period of time, please call 251-433-9904. We can also be reached by email: https://stmarymobileschool.weconnect.com/faculty-staff
- All archdiocesan updates regarding the Coronavirus will be posted to the following page http://mobarch.org/coronavirus
- School will close at 11:30 A.M. on Wednesday, March 18, 2020. Classes will resume (tentatively) on Monday, April 6, 2020.
- ALL classes/courses will be administered through an online format. This includes auxiliary and PE courses.
- Rediker will be our primary source for distance learning delivery. Individual teachers may also utilize specific platforms such as Google Classroom or Zoom. Please refer to the specific instructions of your child’s teacher.
- Emails- If you are a parent that HAS NOT activated your Rediker account, we HIGHLY recommend you do so. If you are one of these parents, you will receive an email from [email protected].with instructions on how to activate your account. If you do not have a valid email address on file, please provide one immediately! Please email them to [email protected].
- 3rd and 4th grade students have been given St. Mary issue email address. All 3rd and 4th grade parents should receive an email tomorrow from [email protected].regarding log in information. If you did not, please contact Nick Calametti ASAP.
- ITBS testing will administered at a later date once school resumes.
- If you need a devicefor use at home, please complete this survey BEFORE Wednesday. https://forms.gle/kapH23rAXzb4sDmz5
- McGill-Toolen Freshman registrationhas been postponed until April 22-23. More information will be sent out when we return.
- First Communion has been postponed until Sunday, April 26, 2020 at 11:30 A.M.