Buy SCRIP cards and certificates and use it like money! Ordinarily, you go to various local stores to purchase food, gas and other goods and services. Wouldn't it be great for St Mary's to get a kickback and you get a tuition credit? Well, this is the plan for you!
SCRIP operates like money, so a little advanced planning on your part can make both you and the school money. Now you just want to know how, right?
You purchase a gift card or certificate from a vendor who has agreed to give a certain percentage of that SCRIP purchase back to the school. You will now use these cards or certificates just as you would any gift card or coupon.
- Go to www.ShopWithScrip.com and create a login.
- Follow the simple registration instructions and accept the terms and conditions of using the site.
- If you need help, contact Linda Thornton, 433-9904 or email: email@example.com.
- The next screen you see is called "Join an organization". Before you can place an order, you must join our organization's enrollment.
- Our "non-profit" name is St. Mary School/Mobile, AL.
- Our enrollment code is 2LCL5LFE7437.
NOTE: Orders and payments must be submitted by Monday at 8:30 AM.
- You can manage your account through the Account Dashboard. It is the fifth tab, "My Account", at the top of any page.
- To ORDER SCRIP, navigate to the order page by clicking "Order Scrip" at the top of any page.
- Select items and quantities on the worksheet and press the "add to cart" button to add them to your shopping cart.
- Click "check out" when you have completed your selections.
- Review your order and press the "finish" button to submit your order.
- You will see an "order confirmation page". PRINT THIS ORDER CONFIRMATION PAGE AND SUBMIT IT WITH YOUR PAYMENT. This page will also allow you to tell us how you would like to receive your order.
- Make sure the correct phone number is listed so that we may call if we have any problems.
- For your convenience, there are labeled SCRIP DROP-OFF boxes outside the school office and outside the elevator in the PreSchool hallway.
NOTE: Be advised that if you rely on teachers to check the weekly or daily folders for your SCRIP orders, it is likely they will not get to us on time. Understand that teachers have much to do in the morning and looking for your SCRIP order is not a priority for them to get the school day going. PLEASE place the orders along with your check payment in the SCRIP lockboxes, not folders.
- Orders will be available for distribution and pick-up Friday morning of the same week the order is placed.
So how do I make money? $$
With each card ordered, there is a 'rebate' or percentage the vendor agrees to give back to the school.
- Let's say you order a $100 card to American Airlines. This vendor offers an 8% discount. (Discounts subject to change. These numbers were accurate and the time of publication.)
- You will place your order online and bring in your payment of $100 to one of the SCRIP lockboxes.
- Our SCRIP program purchases the card for only $92.
- Rebates are split 50/50 between the program/school and your tuition bill.
- The 8% is then divided between you and the school: $4.00 to SMS and $4.00 towards your tuition reimbursement.
Example: you raise $100 in rebates from your purchases by April 1. $100 is split $50 to the program and $50 is taken off your May tuition bill. If you pay tuition in full at the beginning of the year then alternative methods can be discussed. All proceeds go to the school.